Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good News!

The results of all the recent tests have determined that I have no signs of cancer beyond my breasts. What a relief. The staging of my cancer will not be determined until after the surgery when the size of my mass is accurately measured and they test my lymph glads. That will also define the extent of chemo and if radiation will be needed.
Yesterday I met with a different plastic surgeon. I didn't really feel comfortable with Dr. N so, with the help from friends and my awesome Dr. S, I found DR. E. He was more of the perfectionist I am looking for and I really liked him. I'm all set now with my medical team and I'm very happy with each of them. I think I will be in good hands.
I'm glad to be at the point where we will actually get rid of this stuff but I'm scared. I will probably have the surgery the week of Feb 6th. I met with my surgeon (Dr S) on thursday and he described the procedure. The plastic surgeon will be a part of the surgery and will start the reconstruction then. However, it will ultimately take months to complete. I'm still trying to get my mind around the fact that my body will never be the same and the pleasure part of my breasts will be gone forever. I know that living is more important but I will still miss the other.
Thank you for all your prayers. Julie

2 comments: