Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wild Week

It has been a very challenging week. Trying to get to all the appointments through this bizarre weather and trying to get to the point when we are actually doing something to cure me.
It started with the breast MRI on monday that, after having the IV hooked up and put into the machine, the machine broke! Had to reschedule for thursday. On wednesday, we met with the oncologist (Dr C.). Seems like a very good dr and highly recommended by Dr S (surgeon). He told me that I had a slightly elevated tumor marker in my latest blood test so he wants a whole bunch of body scans and mri's to determine if it has spread anywhere else.
On friday, Dr S reviewed my breast mri from thursday and determined that my other breast shows involvement and with the assistance from his nurse, wanted to expedite the other tests. The bad weather was a bit of a blessing in that a lot of people canceled their appointments and I was able to have 3 of the 4 test on friday. The last is scheduled for this tuesday. I hope and pray that I get some good news from these tests.
Tuesday we will also meet with the radiology oncologist and plastic surgeon. I think that will complete my medical team associated with my treatment and the testing necessary to determine my treatment plan. I hope so, I really want to get rid of this disease from my body!
The week has been challenging but I feel I have made progress. I want to send special "thank you's" to my neighbors and friends Rhonda and Karolyn and mother in-law for their help watching Gabby during all the doctor appointments last week and the staff at TRA Medical Imaging in Tacoma (especially Gene and Jim). Dr S' nurse Kara really knows how to make things happen and I'm really thankful for her too.
Now off to cleaning my house......

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you were able to get in and get the tests done. You've got this Aunt Julie. God is going to heal you and everything is going to be ok. I love you very much and am very happy to be able to read in detail information about your journey. You are not alone on this. God Bless you and I send healing prayers your way. God is good.

    ReplyDelete